Kirklees 10K Challenge
Information for the day
- Please arrive at Cathedral House on Saturday 10th May between 9.00am and 9.30am in order to collect your race number from the main entrance area before the race start time of 10.00am. There will be a short walk from Cathedral House to the starting line on the other side of St. Thomas Road, and the finish line will be at the front entrance of Cathedral House.
- If you are parking at Cathedral House, please park to the left of the car park as you arrive.
- If you signed up before 1st May your race number will also have your T-shirt size printed on it, and you’ll be able to collect your T-shirt in the main entrance area either before or after the race.
- Shortly before 10am, we will be moving to the start area in groups according to what time you hope to finish the race in. These groups will be, Less than 40 minutes, between 40 and 50 minutes, between 50 and 60 minutes, around 60 minutes, and Over 60 minutes. We will then all start together at 10.00am.
Be ready to smile! There will be a photographer on the course to capture the event.
- The course goes under a number of bridges on the canal towpath, some of which have restricted head room.
- Some of the route contains stone surfaces, especially under bridges, which will be slippery if wet.
- The route may be muddy if wet, please wear appropriate clothing depending on the weather.
- Please be aware of other competitors when overtaking and that others may wish to pass you, especially near the start of the race, as some parts of the course are narrower. Please run to the left of path, to allow others to overtake on your right.
- As we don’t have exclusive use of the course, please be aware of other towpath users on the course.
- The road junctions on the course will be marshalled, but please take care when crossing the roads.
- When leaving the canal footpath near the half-way point on the course, you will be going up a short flight of steps and a short hill.
- When rejoining the canal towpath, the course will be going down a short flights of steps.
- There will be a water stand and first aid area near the half way point on the course.